SAVE MONEY

SAVE MONEY
SAVE MONEY

Make money

Make money
MAKE MONEY

BUDGETING

BUDGETING
BUDGETING

4 Apps That Give You Cashback On Your Supermarket Shop

4 Apps That Give You Cashback On Your Supermarket Shop

I'm always looking at ways to save money, especially on our food shop and although I have managed to reduce my grocery bill by 50% I know there are still other ways that I can save. I have recently started using numerous cashback apps and have received around £150 for minimum effort in total since starting using them back in January. Although £150 may not seem like a lot, it's free money and there are also plenty of free offers to take up too which means you're not spending extra on food! I make sure I only buy products I would have been buying already instead of wasting money on products I don't actually need. They are all free to use and you can claim cashback up to 7 days on them as long as you still have the receipt. 

Here's a round up of the cashback apps I use every week to save money on our supermarket shop. 


Checkout Smart is a cashback app which allows you to receive exclusive access to offers from all your favourite supermarket brands, including freebies. You can check out the rewards by viewing the exclusive offers on all your favourite grocery brands. Simply shop in-store in any major supermarket and keep your receipt then follow the app’s instructions for taking photos of the receipt and send it to them. The minimum payout is £5 and payments under £20 will incur a 4% fee. Payments are made via BACS or Paypal. Remember that because the app is provided by Quidco, you cannot use the same receipt for both ClickSnap and Checkout Smart. I like using CheckoutSmart as the interface is really easy to use and 


Shopitize is probably one of my favourite cashback apps for groceries as it has a better selection of products on offer each week. However it is more hassle to claim the cashback as it asks you to complete challenges before allowing you to claim the cashback which is more time consuming. You are also required to scan the barcode before snapping a photo of your receipt but it doesn't take long at all. 


ClickSnap is one of the first apps I started using to claim cashback and it's probably one of my favourites as it links with my Tesco account when doing the food shop online. However I do feel that there are less offers on there compared to some of the other apps. Although it's worthwhile checking them all out before you do your food shop and see where you can get the best offers. Clicksnap works the same way as the other apps by uploading your receipt. You can even claim cashback on the same item from different apps which is good. I also like the fact that you can redeem the same item a number of times too. Some of the items are only available in-store and some allow you to claim cashback online as well as in-store.


Receipt Hog lets you snap receipts of grocery purchases for cash back. However, it doesn't pay you in cash, you recieve coins which you then have to redeem for cash via PayPal or Amazon. It can be quite time consuming to see any benefit from it but if you do it for the whole year you can see how much you have saved. But free money is free money, right? Not only can you use this app for supermarket receipts, but you can use it for the majority of high street shops too. 

You're probably thinking its hardly worth it for £2-£5 cashback a week however it's money that I wouldn't have normally got, and I hadn't changed my usual branded products as I only claimed cashback on items I would have already bought. All I have to do is take a photo of my receipt and spend a couple of minutes on the app - not exactly a stressful task! 

I'd defintiely recommend taking a look and downloading the apps mentioned, you may not use them all and may find one or two you preference over. But new deals are added each week, so it's defintiely worth taking a look at the latest cashback offers before you head to the supermarket each week. There are many other cashback apps including Shopmium, Topcashbacks Snap and save app and My Supermarket however I thought I'd share my favourites with you. 

I'd love to know if you use any of the apps mentioned or if you use recommend any others?

13 comments

  1. I haven't heard of any of these before! What a great resource! Thank you so much for sharing, I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Do you know if these work in the US too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think these ones do however there are many more available in the US such as Ibotta, Favado, Checkout 51, and Ebates :)

      Delete
  3. these are great. i recently signed up to Quidco and have started saving already x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant advice - I do use Top Cash Back and have just signed up to Quidco. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of any of these before. I really should start using cash back sites. I've signed up to a few but I'm rubbish at remembering to actually use them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're doing normal online shopping you can get google chrome tools for quidco, top cashback and kidsmart also have their own too so when I land on a new website if they offer cashback It will remind me so I don't miss out :) x

      Delete
  6. I love when I get money back! I'm going to have to checkout the US versions :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really have loads of pearls of wisdom up your sleeves!! Thanks for these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so good at this kind of thing lovey! I am terrible at remembering to do stuff like this and always end up missing out. I will definitely be checking these out though as, like you said, it's free money :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are a few here I haven't heard of so thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Very nice post, I like this thing very much, If you are in need of immediate cash with bad credit score. loans for bad credit uk at FleetQuid is the reliable option for your immediate money requirements

    ReplyDelete